The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for executing both digital and print marketing initiatives in accordance with the overall marketing plan, with touchpoints including flyers/mailers, digital promotions, and campaign-based plans. This position requires a strong mix of product knowledge, attention to detail, creative vision, creative writing, analytical skills, logical thinking, eCommerce and print experience in the B2B industry. A data-driven, critical thinker that seeks the “why” instead of just the “how” will have the greatest level of success in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage assigned product category content which includes copy, SKU organization, keyword research, product reviews, cross-sell and upsell opportunities, maintain product videos, promotions, photography, pricing, attributes, including competitive research, vendor/mfg information.
- Utilize a data-driven approach to guide tactical marketing strategy decisions, such as product placement/sequencing, and ultimately perform marketing campaign analytics, offering insights into results and performance enhancements.
- Perform annual Digital audits of assigned product category which will increase organic search rankings, reduce product page bounce, and exit rates, grow market share on products and reduce return rates.
- Maintain project list spreadsheet with updates/edits and adding new content for assigned category accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for new products set up to ensure correct and accurate sell content, following guidelines and standards. Create original copy for SEO purposes. Ensure clear understanding for customers by validating SKU content, details, regulatory information (HazMat, tax rate, pedigree refrigeration requirements).
- Accurately proofread marketing materials/write-ups.
- Responsible for mockup allocating of a print catalog/flyer product assortment and pagination, reviewing sales data, adding new items, removing discontinued items, updating photos, determining product placement, and alpha sequencing for preparation for review by the Associate Marketing Director.
- Field answers to questions from customers/customer service for their specified product category that customer service cannot answer, includes research mfg website, the competition, product managers, and as a last resort contacting vendors while responding to customers/customer service in a timely manner.
- Assist in managing the accuracy and approval of promotional offers within the offer management system application.
- Write creative marketing copy for assigned projects.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- BS/BA degree, preferably with a major in Marketing.
- 4+ years’ professional marketing experience.
- eCommerce and direct marketing experience in a B2B arena are required.
- Experience in dealer/distributor marketing arena is desirable.
- Experience with marketing in the dental/medical market or with dental supplies and equipment would be a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required; the ability to edit specific, clearly written product copy.
- Intermediate level competency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must possess organizational and project management skills, with the ability to gather, organize and clearly present detailed information.
- An analytical thinker, able to scrutinize and interpret sales and marketing data to measure the performance of marketing activities and to identify trends and opportunities.
- A logical thinker, with a constant eye toward improvement of programs and processes.
- A creative thinker, with the ability to identify opportunities for improvement, and to devise alternative solutions.
- Ability to devise design concepts or direction, and to work with the design team to execute marketing programs.
- Ability to compose and edit marketing copy.
- Experience with customer segmentation and targeting, and with marketing data analytics.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required; the ability to produce specific, clearly written documentation is essential.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Able to build strong relationships and effectively participate and communicate in cross-functional team environment, work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Self-Direction – Demonstrates assertiveness by taking initiative and responsibility.
This job operates in a professional open office environment. The person needs to be able to focus and thrive in this type of collaborative environment. The expectation is that this person will enthusiastically express opinions and inject different marketing views to add to the success of Safco’s overall marketing initiatives.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Safco Dental Supply Company will not discriminate in employment action based on a protected status and therefore it is the policy of Safco Dental Supply Co to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and the spirit of the law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.